These Game Rules & Terms and Conditions are in addition to, and must be read in conjunction with, The Health Lottery Terms and Conditions and Game Rules.
Merlin Entertainments Promotion Terms & Conditions
The Unique Code, (the "Unique Code") is only available to players who have registered for a Health Lottery account on the Health Lottery website. A Unique Code may be used to obtain ONE FREE ADULT OR CHILD ENTRY to a Merlin attraction (selected through the Health Lottery website) with a full priced entrance adult ticket purchased online only, (The "Offer"). Retail players will have to register an account with the Health Lottery via the Health Lottery Website to obtain the Unique Code. To receive the Unique Code players must click the 'Claim Now' option shown on the electronic pop-up confirming their entries if they played online or if they have bought a ticket in a retail store, by registering a Health Lottery account via the Health Lottery website and inputting the promo code from their Health Lottery ticket. The Unique Code will then be available on screen or e-mailed to all Health Lottery players who wish to claim the Unique Code.
If the holder of the Unique Code redeems the 2-for-1 ticket offer, s/he agrees to be unconditionally bound by these terms and conditions:
- If the holder of the Unique Code buys a fully priced Adult entrance ticket online (following the process set out below) to Alton Towers Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort ("Chessington"), THORPE PARK Resort, Warwick Castle, Shrek's Adventure! London, Madame Tussauds London or Blackpool, The London, York, Edinburgh or Blackpool Tower Dungeons, ("The Dungeons"), The Blackpool Tower Eye,("The Blackpool Tower Attractions"), The Coca-Cola London Eye, SEA LIFE Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park, SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries in the UK (Birmingham, Great Yarmouth, Loch Lomond, Blackpool, Oban, Brighton, Manchester, Scarborough and Hunstanton) ("SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries") then s/he may take with him/her ONE ADULT/CHILD who will enter the same Attraction on the same day free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE: A Unique Code can only be redeemed for the Offer where the holder pays the full Adult entrance ticket price for one ticket online for a Merlin attraction (the "Attraction") selected through the Health Lottery website, on the Attraction booking website. A Unique Code is not valid for use in conjunction with any other offer, concession or discount, call centre booking or attraction walk up. A Unique Code has no cash value. A Unique Code is automatically void if sold, offered for sale or if any attempt or offer is made to transfer the Unique Code for value.
- A Unique Code is valid UNTIL, 31 May 2019 at all attractions. Unique Code EXCLUDES any secondary ticketed events/hotel events/concerts/Xmas events at all Attractions.
- The Unique Code can only be used once. You cannot use the Unique Code to receive the Offer or gain free entry on two or more separate occasions.
- Voucher EXCLUDES: the following dates:
All Merlin Attractions 25th December 2018 The Coca-Cola London Eye January 2019 and every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018 - The London Eye has limited opening, please check the website for more information. Shrek's Adventure! London Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018, 31st December 2018 Madame Tussauds London Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018 SEA LIFE Aquariums & Sanctuaries
(excluding SEA LIFE London, Bray)
SEA LIFE Scarborough, Weymouth, Hunstanton, Great Yarmouth: 26th December 2018
SEA LIFE Brighton: 24th December 2018
SEA LIFE Oban: 1st October 2018 - 23rd April 2019. From 23rd April 2019 SEA LIFE Oban will only be open Monday - Friday.
The London Dungeon Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018, 27th - 29th October 2018 The Blackpool Tower Eye 6th October - 4th November 2018 THORPE PARK Resort Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018, 19th October - 31st October 2018 The Blackpool Tower Dungeon 27th - 31st October 2018 The York and Edinburgh Dungeon 27th - 29th October 2018 Warwick Castle Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018 Alton Towers Resort Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018, 3rd and 4th November 2018 Chessington World of Adventures Resort Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in August including 1st and 2nd September 2018, The Winters Tail event
- PLEASE NOTE CERTAIN ATTRACTIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING DATES DURING 2018 WHEN GUEST VISITATION HAS HISTORICALLY BEEN VERY LOW.
Alton Towers will be closed:
4th, 5th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th, 26th September 2018
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th and 17th October 2018
Season closes 5th November 2018
THORPE PARK Resort will be closed:
10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th, 25th, 26th September 2018
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th October 2018
Season closes 1st November 2018
Chessington World of Adventures Resort will be closed:
11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th, 26th September 2018
October/Halloween 2018 dates - to be confirmed shortly
Season closes 1st November 2018
NB: The Blackpool Tower Eye is open subject to weather conditions Opening times at all Blackpool attractions may vary during the winter season please check website in advance. The Blackpool Tower Ballroom and Jungle Jims soft play not included.
- CHECK OPENING DATES AND TIMES BEFORE YOUR VISIT ON THE RELEVANT ATTRACTION WEBSITE. PLEASE NOTE THE UNIQUE CODE CAN ONLY BE USED ONLINE AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE ATTRACTION ON WALK UP. ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- THIS OFFER CAN ONLY BE REDEEMED ONLINE
- To avoid disappointment and guarantee entry into our Attractions using the Offer, please follow these steps:
- As a customer/player purchasing a ticket in a retail outlet, activate an online Health Lottery account on the website www.healthlottery.co.uk and enter the Health Lottery ticket's promo code;
- When you have done this, a pop-up window shall appear on your screen, which includes a Merlin 2 for 1 ticket offer Unique Code;
- You will then be directed to a promotions landing page whereupon you are required to select the Merlin attraction at which you wish to use the offer Once you have selected the Attraction you will be asked to follow the booking process set out on this attraction's booking website.
- You will also be sent the same Unique Code by email Once you receive the Unique Code you will be directed to the Health Lottery website to select an Attractions where you will be directed to the Attraction's booking website and then follow the booking process set out on this Attraction's booking website.
- If you have bought your Health Lottery ticket online you shall immediately receive the pop-up window noted in step 2 above and please then follow the subsequent steps set out above.
You will only be able to take advantage of this offer and take in one adult or child for free if you book a fully priced Adult entrance ticket through the Attraction's booking website.
For online bookings, prepayment online and printing of these tickets is recommended and we would advise that you print your tickets at home and bring these with you to the Attraction of your choice. PLEASE NOTE: "Scan and walk right through" features (which allow you to scan the barcode provided as part of your confirmation email for access to an attraction) only apply at selected Merlin attractions and so printing your tickets in advance is recommended.
- Then take your printed tickets with you to the entrance gate of your chosen participating Attraction.
- To avoid disappointment and guarantee entry into our Attractions using the Offer, please follow these steps:
- The Unique Code is not valid for Secondary attractions and events including but not limited to, the Castle Dungeon at Warwick Castle, LATES at The Dungeons, The Blackpool Tower Ballroom and Jungle Jims in The Blackpool Tower. Voucher can only be used for standard entrance tickets and cannot be used for priority entrance and or Fastrack entrance at all Attractions. The Unique Code is not valid for any combination tickets including, but not limited to, The Tower Ticket, The Big Ticket at The Blackpool Tower Attractions or The London Cluster Ticket. Voucher does not entitle Early Ride Time.
- The Unique Code is not valid for accommodation including but not limited to, the Alton Towers Hotels, Enchanted Village (Woodland Lodges, Tree Houses and Tree Top Quest), Waterpark, Spa or Golf attractions at the Alton Towers Resort, Tower Suites and Knight's Village at Warwick Castle, THORPE SHARK Hotel at THORPE PARK, Safari and Azteca Hotels or Explorer Glamping at Chessington. Please check each Attraction's website for additional costs.
- The Unique Code remains the property of Merlin at all times and Merlin reserves the right to take possession of the Unique Code at any time.
- Adult is 12 years and over at the Alton Towers Resort, THORPE PARK Resort, Chessington and Warwick Castle. Adult is 15 years and over at SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries, Madame Tussauds Blackpool, The Blackpool Tower Dungeon and The Blackpool Tower Eye. Adult is 16 years and over at Shrek's Adventure! London, Madame Tussauds London, Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park, The Coca-Cola London Eye and The London, York and Edinburgh Dungeons.
- Entry is free for children under 3 years of age at Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Alton Towers Resort, The Coca-Cola London Eye, The Edinburgh and York Dungeons, SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries, Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park, Shrek's Adventure! London, Madame Tussauds Blackpool and The Blackpool Tower Eye. Entry is free for children under 4 years of age at The London Dungeon and Madame Tussauds London.
- Visitors 12 years and under must be accompanied by a person 18 years of age or over at Chessington, Alton Towers Resort, THORPE PARK Resort Warwick Castle and Weymouth SEA LIFE Adventure Park. Visitors14 years and under must be accompanied by a person aged 18 years and over at Madame Tussauds Blackpool and The London Dungeon and SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries. Visitors 15 years and under must be accompanied by a person aged 16 years or over at the Edinburgh Dungeon. Visitors 15 and under must be accompanied by a person over the age of 18 at Shrek's Adventure! London, The Coca-Cola London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, The York Dungeon, The Blackpool Tower Eye and The Blackpool Tower Dungeon.
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst there's no minimum age, we recommend: Shrek's Adventure! London for children aged 6-12 years old, The York, Edinburgh, Blackpool Dungeon for children 8 years and above, The London Dungeon for children 12 years and above.
- Unique Code can only be used as stipulated. The Unique Code is non-transferable/not for resale. Any purported transfer or sale of the Unique Code will render it void. Unique Code is only valid in the United Kingdom. Photocopies will not be accepted. Admission prices are subject to change. Unique Codes cannot be used in-conjunction with any other offer or concession (e.g. senior citizens, family tickets), reward/loyalty programme, pre-purchased tickets, Combination tickets, 2 Day Pass, Annual Pass, online tickets, Fastrack tickets, rail inclusive offers, on secondary ticketed events, hotel events or concerts nor with any pre-existing reservation made or ticket booked online, via an App or by phone.
- All of the Attractions reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons where physical access or operation is not safe, practical or physically possible, including over-capacity.
- Please note that some Attractions operate a chargeable car parking policy including, but not limited to, Chessington, THORPE PARK Resort, Alton Towers Resort and Warwick Castle.
- Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and/or Attractions.
- For Attraction information please visit:
Alton Towers Resort https://www.altontowers.com/ The Blackpool Tower Eye https://www.theblackpooltower.com/ Chessington World of Adventures Resort https://www.chessington.com/ The Coca-Cola London Eye https://www.londoneye.com/ Madame Tussauds Blackpool https://www.madametussauds.com/blackpool/en/ Madame Tussauds London https://www.madametussauds.com/london/en/ SEA LIFE Birmingham https://www.visitsealife.com/birmingham/ SEA LIFE Blackpool https://www.visitsealife.com/blackpool/ SEA LIFE Brighton https://www.visitsealife.com/brighton/ SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth https://www.visitsealife.com/great-yarmouth/ SEA LIFE Hunstanton https://www.visitsealife.com/hunstanton/ SEA LIFE Loch Lomond https://www.visitsealife.com/loch-lomond/ SEA LIFE Manchester https://www.visitsealife.com/manchester/ SEA LIFE Oban https://www.visitsealife.com/oban/ SEA LIFE Scarborough https://www.visitsealife.com/scarborough/ SEA LIFE Weymouth https://www.visitsealife.com/weymouth Shrek's Adventure! London https://www.shreksadventure.com/london/ The Blackpool Tower Dungeon https://www.thedungeons.com/blackpool/en/ The Edinburgh Dungeon https://www.thedungeons.com/edinburgh/en/ The London Dungeon https://www.thedungeons.com/london/en/ The York Dungeon https://www.thedungeons.com/york/en/ THORPE PARK Resort https://www.thorpepark.com/ Warwick Castle https://www.warwick-castle.com/
Entry into any participating Merlin Attraction will be subject to the individual attraction's terms and conditions of entry, which can be found on the websites listed above.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (defined below), or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Unique Code promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Offeror these Unique Code terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions are governed by relevant UK law and you and we agree to only bring legal actions about these terms and conditions in a UK court. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you and we may agree to refer the matter to arbitration but you are not restricted from bringing court proceedings.
- For Promoter enquiries contact the Promoter via email at email@example.com.
- Data Protection: If you redeem the offer, your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Privacy Statement set out in Annex A to these terms and conditions). Such notice sets out how the Promoter will process any personal data you provide in order to redeem the offer, including by entering the Unique Code on the redemption website referred to in paragraph 1 or any other website operated by the Promoter. You acknowledge that (a) the processing is necessary for us to take steps with a view to entering into a contract with you to enable you to redeem the offer, and (b) the Promoter shall only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the fair processing notice.
- All Attraction information is subject to change; please check the attraction websites(s) before your visit for the latest information.